5 Lions Gold Slot Machine (Progressive) Reviewed
Released on June 15th, 2019 this is a progressive video slot. It has a volatility of 4/5, and its return to player percentage reaches 96.5%. The game is compatible with all kinds of devices, and can be played without download.
Its developer and provider is Pragmatic Play – a software developing company that came a long way from having notorious reputation to growing into one of the most influential content suppliers with not only slots, but also table games and even live dealer provided by the label.
Tip: You can launch this Asian adventure in a demo mode from Pragmatic Play’s official website and test all of its features for free.
All the Lucky Symbols
Chinese culture is rich on symbols of luck, and among some of the widely used are dragons, frogs, fish, turtles, and phoenix birds. All of these are visible on the grid alongside card icons. Animation is quite basic, and presentation is in 2D, which still creates quite a valuable emotional experience. Ambient music complements the action.
The grid has five reels, three rows and 243 ways to win. A spin may cost anywhere between 0.18 cents (perfect for the low rollers, but has smaller payouts) to 90 credits (a bid high-rollers may be interested in, but it involves greater risks.
Since this release is progressive, the higher the stake the better, but your choice should be based on a comfortable budget as well as the fact that this is still a game of chance with no guarantees.
- The Lion is Wild, and makes an appearance only on the second, third and fourth reels. It acts as a substitute, but does not pay on its own.
- The Scatter is Yin-Yang. It appears on the second, third and fourth rows and triggers a feature.
- At the highest stake, a five-of-a-kind combination of a dragon pays up to 630 credits.
- Collect up to 405 for a set of phoenix birds, and as much for five frogs.
- Up to 315 credits is bestowed for five-of-a-kind combinations of fish and turtles.
- Card icons from Ace to nine are worth between 180 to 90 credits.
Bonuses & Additional Winning Possibilities:
A set of Scattered icons unlocks the way to one of the following types of free spins of your choice:
- 25 rotations with random Wild multipliers between 2x to 5x the payouts.
- 20 rolls multiplying 3x to 8x.
- 15 spins with Wilds 5x to 10x.
- 13 rotations with a multiplier varying between 8x to 15x.
- Ten spins with a possibility to score between 10x to 30x.
- Finally, 6 spins with an impressive range of 15x to 40x.
You may also opt in for a Mystery version with an unknown amount of rolls and multipliers.
As for the jackpot session, it is unlocked whenever from three to five reels turn gold. You will then enter a 3x3 pick-an-click the coin session with a possibility to win a Minor jackpot that pays 15x the stake, a Major reward up to 150x the overall bet, or a Grand jackpot worth 2,000x the stake.
Best Casinos to Play 5 Lions Gold Slot Machine at:
A big variety of online operators in our database have this game in their libraries. Among some of the most popular ones are brands like:
- SlotsMillion is an established platform with thousands of games in its library, as well as over forty software suppliers to choose from. It is licensed and regulated, and comes with a variety of welcome and ongoing promotions.
- 21Dukes was established in 2008. It is licensed and regulated by the government of Costa Rica, and offers targeted services to the USA gaming audience. Pragmatic Play shares the lobby with Octopus Gaming and BetSoft.
- Lapalingo exists since 2016 and has licensing from the Malta Gaming Authority. There are eight language adaptations to choose from. Deposits and withdrawals are, however, accepted only in Euros.
- AU Slots opened the doors to its gaming lobby in 2017 and it is regulated by the jurisdiction of Curacao. English is the only language for content, and although services are clearly targeted at Australian, three currencies are accepted.
- ZigZag777 has more than three years of experience and a multi-software lobby. Its list of studios includes Microgaming, Net Entertainment, and Amatic among others.
More Releases by Pragmatic Play
- 3 Kingdoms – Battle of the Red Cliffs is another imperial saga led by the three warriors. Enjoy free spins with a twist, as well as Spoils of war progressive feature and Wild payouts.
- 8 Dragons release delivers the ultimate Asian experience on a classic grid. Spin the game to discover stacks of Wilds, as well as bonus spins and a special session.
- Gold Train is a classic release with a simple grid and lemons-Lucky 7s combos, as well as a progressive bonus and an unusual Upgrade Feature.
If you are looking for some more Asian experience on the reels, don’t miss out on any of these engaging releases:
- Imperial Palace by Red Tiger Gaming is a beautiful release with lots of features, including up to 1,00x the win, free spins and Wild modifications.
- Eastern Goddesses by Red Rake Gaming adds some mythology and magic to the reels, and supplies free spins with three Wild variations.
- Happy Chinese New Year by Booongo delivers a festive reel spinning combined with bonus rotations and special cascades.