City of Gold Slot Machine (with All Bonus Games) Reviewed
City of Gold is a video slot released in 2015. It was created by a company called Genii (pronounced jee-nee-ahy). It is an online gaming software development firm that started out in the 1990s and since then became a worldwide known supplier of casino games. The outfit has offices in Vietnam, UK and Malta.
Genii is an experienced, innovative, independent developer that strives to offer revolutionary software solutions. Apart from gambling content production, the producer also offers other services to the iGaming industry including Operational and Customer Relationship Management Systems.
The theme is also rather striking because the game deals with the hidden treasures and ancient civilizations. The background of the game most fits with the symbols on the reels, such as temples, various tribal masks, and more - all nicely designed in a relaxed, cartoonish way Everything here is brilliant, shiny and glittering. Gold is all over.
The soundtrack is rather interesting, and it adds some curiosity to the atmosphere of the game. The sounds of rotation and winning sound effects are quite unconventional as well. The City of Gold slot brings the magic rush of amazing adventures providing fast-paced spinning action.
Symbols are the classic statues, jewels, and even a crystal skull which reminded us of the later Indiana Jones film. The playing card symbols are stylized and nicely decorated.
City of Gold has five reels and twenty paylines, which you can choose from. You also get to choose the number of coins per line as well as the coin amount – giving a wide range of spin costs. You may bet up to 5 coins per line and coin values run from 0.01 to 0.25 each. You can select auto spin, for anything up to 100 spins at a time. Everything is in the best traditions of the casino slots: buttons for changing the number of coins and active lines, for spin and auto spin. You are paid the highest win in the active payline.
- There are two scatter symbols, which pay out for three or more anywhere on the reels. One is the Bonus Spins Scatter, which is a Top-Down View of a Pyramid Temple.
- The other Scatter is the Liquid Gold Sign – this takes you to the feature Bonus Round and has a Scatter payout. Five of these win you 100x your total spin amount, with 20x for four and 5x your wager for three.
- The Gold Shield representing a Mayan Calendar is Wild and all wins containing a Wild are paid 2x. As usual, this does not substitute for the bonus or scatter symbols. It pays out a generous 6,000x your wager for five on a line. You can also get 500x and 50x your bet for four or three such icons respectively.
You will see the following images on the reels.
- The Crystal Skull has the next biggest prize. This is worth 2,000x for landing five in a row. You will be awarded 200x and 20x your wager for collecting four and three such icons respectively.
- A Golden Totem image is the second-best paying character, which brings 800x for five of the kind combination. You will get 180x and 15x your bet for four and three of such symbols correspondingly.
- Five Purple Stone Totems are worth up to 600x your bet for five matching pictograms. Collecting four and three such icons will bring 140x and 10x.
- If five Golden Necklaces appear on the reels, your bankroll will be increased by 250x. In order to collect 100x and 8x your wager, you need to find four and three identical icons respectively.
- A Golden Idol will award you the maximum of 200x your stake for five identical pictograms. A quartet of matching images will bring you 80x whereas a trio - only 7x.
- Playing card symbols are the lowest paying icons in this game. Thus, Aces are worth up to 175 times your stake for five matching images. The same number of Kings, Queens, Jacks, and Tens will get you 150x, 120x, 80x and 50x your wager respectively. If you manage to find four identical playing card icons, your bankroll will be increased from 40x to 15x. Finally, the trio of matching playing card symbols is worth from 6x to 2x your bet.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
Three or more Top-Down View of a Pyramid Temple Symbols trigger the Bonus Spins feature. All wins are tripled (this can include those with wilds, which are first doubled and then tripled). Bonus spins can be activated again during the feature. All bets and active lines are the same as during the game that triggered the feature. You have an opportunity to enter the Feature Game by collecting ten gold orbs. The latter is won when three or more Map Symbols appear.
The Liquid Gold Bonus Game is unique and about as entertaining as a Pick-em game can be. You will go to a breakout screen and choose from three stone statues. The rest of the action takes place underneath, where you must decide what path the poured gold will take. Along the way, you will get different prizes, and choose to twist special spigots to decide where the gold does. The graphics and setup are excellent, though fundamentally this is a game of chance.
The game also has a Gamble Feature where you can risk your last win with a 50/50 chance and it also has a function for Autoplay to let the machine spin for you.
Best Casinos to Play City of Gold Slot Machine At
Are you ready to test this pokie? Head over to four recommended gambling location we listed for you below.
- Dunder has been in operation since 2016. The website is translated into several languages. The operator holds licensing from the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. The brand has a good number of popular payment methods, all of which are available to use in various currencies.
- Babe was launched in 2017. It is licensed by the Government of Curacao. You can manage your funds using Visa, Neteller, EcoPayz, and Entropay in two currencies such as the Euro and US Dollars.
- Campeonbet was opened in 2014. The webpage lists an extensive catalog of releases. The brand currently offers to maintain your accounts and play in three currencies EUR, GBP, and USD. The payment methods include Visa and MasterCard, NETELLER and Skrill, and bank transfers. It is licensed in Curacao.
- Estrella was established in 2012. It is licensed in Curacao. The betting place works with US Dollars as its primary currency for deposits and withdrawals. However, you can use EU Rand GBP if that is more convenient for you. There are many payment methods available.
More Games by Genii
- Horn of Plenty - Spin16 has Wilds, Scatters and Bonus Spin as well as a Spin 16 feature that allows you to choose the direction in which you would like to win.
- Big Game - Spin16 gives you a chance to test the power of Spin16 - more ways to rotate those reels. You can get 10x more with this unique feature.
- Age of Spartans - Spin16 is a game with the multi-directional spin, which provides a more interactive experience, but also affects the outcome. The five-reel, three-row slot will offer Hot and Cold spins, as well as up to 10x Match Multipliers. Spin the reels any way you want and pocket up to 20,000 coins!
Ancient civilizations inspire many software developers, and it is no wonder that it does. With its colorful characters and a possibility to put on a big show, the theme is also developed by:
- Aztec Warrior Princess from Play’n GO is a visually impressive video slot game that will put you in the shoes of an archaeologist on the quest for Eldorado. Explore the rules in the jungle of South America, escape from the local wildlife and you might get a chance of hitting a big cash prize.
- Temple of the Sun by Noble Gaming is based on the theme of Spanish Conquistadors who would conquer the Aztec Empire. Similarly, your goal is to conquer the reels for up 250,000 coins in prizes or a shot at three jackpots!
- Lucha Maniacs by Yggdrasil Gaming presents with a three by five playing grid with twenty paylines. It also boasts several bonus features. Here, you can count on the traditional Bonus Spins, retriggering Bonus Spins, the Wild symbol, and a set of special features.