Falling Fossils Slot Machine (Wild Double Wins) Reviewed
Falling Fossils is a non-progressive video slot created by Genii. The company prides itself on keeping ahead of the game in terms of innovation and problem-solving. That approach is demonstrated in the high quality and creativity of more than one hundred and thirty online slots and other casino games. The producer is behind the Spin16 gameplay. Spin16 gives you the ability to select which direction the reels spin in – horizontally or vertically – it’s a neat trick.
Genii is headquartered in three countries – the United Kingdom, Malta and Vietnam – and these locations allow it to pursue a policy of ‘following the sun’ which means that there is always an office open somewhere to assist in customer support and zero downtime.
Dinosaurs and archeology are fascinating subjects and in Falling Fossils, the developer Genii has capitalized upon this interest. You will be plunged into a world where you will need your expert eyes to decide which bones and fossils could be worth a small fortune. Thus, Falling Fossils is basic but suggestive, you will need to unearth the rocky outcrops to reveal the precious fossils. At the top of the screen, there is a pickaxe that you will use to gradually chip away at the craggy stone to show the treasures that lie underneath.
The background to the main game is simplistic but evocative. The reels themselves are a weathered yet authentic looking cradle of beige rocks, with a remote landscape in the distance. There is the hint of the sky and a remote landscape so you can only imagine how far you have traveled to unearth these particular finds.
The symbols on the reels represent archeological finds that would represent huge success if they were found in the outside world! You will be spinning everything from the claw and skull of a T-Rex, as well as the full skeleton of an unidentified dinosaur, prehistoric fish, ammonite, sea urchins and ferns. Completing the list are rocky etchings of the letters representing high value playing cards.
Once you have thoroughly checked over the paytable it’s time to decide on your strategy and put this to the test. You will be playing on five reels with a maximum of nine lines, which can be reduced if you prefer using the controls on the main screen. Each coin is worth between 0.01 and 0.25 but you can play with several per line, increasing the bet further.
There is instant play available so you will not need to download any software or apps. You can also play for fun before registering if you like to try the game out first. This is a great way of getting familiar with the game and finding out whether you want to bet your own cash on a win. In the fun mode you’ll still be betting but playing with virtual cash instead. This provides the same lifelike betting experience but without any of the risks.
As an archaeologist, it is your job to reveal the buried goodies, but you will need to find out how much they could be worth too. To do that, you’ll need to visit the paytable. To win on Falling Fossils, you will need to match at least three identical icons along a winning line, and if they match five, they will obtain an even more generous payout.
- The T-Rex Wild can represent any of the regular symbols on the board and make it more likely to get a match on a line. Also, the top prize is awarded to five T-Rex skulls, giving a win of 9,000x. You can also get 750x and 100x your staked amount for four or three such icons respectively. If you win using a Wild, your payout will be doubled.
- Claws Scatters are also known as Windfalls in Falling Fossils and triple the winnings. The Windfall can be re-triggered during a Windfall so there’s no limit to what you can win. Scatter icons located in Falling Fossils are not ordinary ones, these claws are not required to be located on the same payline to win. If you manage to draw five Claws, you will be awarded 100x. You will also get 45x and 2x your wager for four or three such signs.
Genii created the following images to further enhance the theme of the slot.
- The highest paying pictogram in Falling Fossils is Skeleton, who wins you 3,500x when landing five in a row. You will be awarded 350x and 30x for collecting four and three such icons respectively.
- The Fish Skeleton is the second-best paying character, which brings 1,500x for five of the kind combination. You will get 200x and 25x your bet for four and three of such symbols correspondingly.
- The Trilobite is worth 700x for five, 100x for four and 16x your stake for three matching images on the reels.
- If five Ammonites appear on the reels, your bankroll will be increased by 350x. In order to collect 70x and 12x, you need to find four and three identical icons.
- Sea Urchins offer up to 250x for five of the kind combination. Finding four or three such characters will let you pocket 50x and 10x respectively.
- If five Fern images land anywhere on the screen, you will be awarded the maximum of 160x. A quartet of matching images will bring you 40x whereas a trio - only 4x.
- Playing card symbols are the lowest paying icons in this game. Thus, Aces are worth up to 120x your stake for five matching images. The same number of Kings, Queens, and Jacks will get you 100x, 75x, 50 times your wager respectively. If you manage to find four identical playing card icons, your bankroll will be increased from 35x to 12x. Finally, the trio of matching playing card symbols is worth from 8x to 5x your bet.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
Three of more windfall symbols anywhere on the reels activate Windfall Bonus Game. It can be retriggered again during this feature. Here, all wins are tripled. Thus, five Claws will unlock twenty rounds, while four such icons will give you fifteen rounds. Finally, just three Claws will trigger ten bonus Windfalls.
Best Casinos to Play Falling Fossils Slot Machine At
Are you ready to dig for treasures? Then, check four recommended gambling destinations we prepared for you below.
- Twin was launched in 2017. It has a website that is easy to use, so there will be no qualms about that! All the Twin’s banking options are perfectly explained on the payment options section of the site. This page reveals that all the deposit methods are free and instant. The site is licensed by the government of Curaçao.
- Omnia is licensed, approved and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. The webpage is available in four languages and lists standard payment options.
- 1xSlots was founded in 2017. The webpage displays five currencies and is translated into English. It is licensed in Curaçao. It accepts deposits and withdrawals in a range of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Dogecoin, and Ethereum.
- React was established in 2018. You have over twenty payment options to move funds in and out of the gaming site. You can use popular credit cards and debit cards. It is licensed by the MGA, the UKGC and the government of Curaçao.
More Games by Genii
- Elementium - Spin 16 is five reels and ten payline video slot mixed with roulette elements with an earth element theme that helps drive it forwards. It offers a unique play model and several traditional features, such as Bonus Spins.
- Horn of Plenty - Spin16 is a classic fruit machine with a modern twist. The juicy fruits rotate to form mixes of winning combinations and to deliver quadrupled wins in certain cases.
- Within Age of Spartans - Spin16 the reels do not only spin vertically, but they spin horizontally too. The Spartan warrior represents the Wild and when found, it will complete an active combination. Complimenting this is a scatter symbol, which as you would expect delivers Bonus Spins, with a Multiplier.
Our database hosts plenty of other releases with a similar theme. Thus, you might also be interested in spinning the reels of:
- Thumbelina’s Dream by Euro Games Technology is based on the famous fairy tale, the online game provides players with an opportunity to conquer the heart of the hero. Here you have enhanced gaming greed with six reels and 225 (!) paylines. Wild and Scatter icons do their job. The game provides Bonus Spins with an alternate reel grid.
- Divine Fortune by Net Entertainment is a five reel, twenty payline progressive jackpot pokie. You are taken back to classical ancient Greek featuring mythical creatures such as Medusa, Minotaur, and Phoenix.
- The Legend of Shangri-La by Net Entertainment comes with a Random Substitutions feature which is triggered when at least two clusters of the same symbol land in the base game – the clusters must have four of the same symbol each.