Hypernova Megaways Slot Machine: Expecting a Standard Megaways Action?
Released in August 2019, the title is a video slot developed by ReelPlay together with Next Generation Gaming. Formerly known as Chance Interactive, ReelPlay is an Australian developer based in Sydney that was established in 2014. Up until now, at least, the studio has not managed to make very much noise and the portfolio is still quite limited, although two of its titles, Buster Hammer and Buster Hammer Carnival, have gained some recognition in the gambling community.
As luck would have it, a Megaways license was acquired by aggregator Relax Gaming in 2018 which has enabled its partnering studios to make full use of the celebrated game engine - the producer being one of them.
Head to Outer Space
A Hypernova is the larger sibling of a Supernova, a stellar explosion that produces immensely bright luminosity which is then fading away over a few weeks or months. The latter is estimated to be comparable in brightness to the light from an entire galaxy while a Hypernova is about 5 to 10 times more luminous.
Considering that little Wikipedia lesson, a night sky with a stellar explosion seems like the perfect background to a translucent game window. A suspenseful orchestral piece with periodic crescendos provides the fitting audio to the deep space theme. Spinning on the reels you will see golden lower-value 9, 10, J, Q, K and A royals along with various gems.
The release is ReelPlay’s first attempt at creating a Megaways mechanic. The game is a cascading video slot with six reels, up to seven rows as well as 324 to 117,649 ways to win. The exact number of ways is randomly determined for every spin sequence by dropping between two and seven pay symbols on reels one and six as well as two to six pay symbols on reels two to five. Additionally, the release has an extra reel at the top of the gameplay window with four positions, extending from reel two to five, where more characters appear on every spin. A display in the top right corner shows the total amount of active ways to win for the current spin sequence.
Wins are paid for adjacent symbols from left to right. The icons from a winning combination are part of a reaction which will see them explode to make room for new symbols to cascade into place. This will continue if a new winning combination occurs after a reaction. Wins are accumulated from all cascades and paid before the next spin sequence starts.
Your journey into deep space on desktop, tablet or mobile starts at 0.20 credits and peaks at 25 credits. The game has medium to high volatility with an RTP (Return to Player ratio) of 96.095%.
- An Elliptic Space icon marked with the word itself is the Wild symbol, appearing in the horizontal reel only and substituting for all regular pay symbols.
- Scatters are as to be expected a Hypernova, each marked with a coin value or a jackpot trophy.
- The producer created the following icons. They start at the low end with the card royals from Nine through to Ace. Thus, collecting six Aces will bring you 1.2x your wager. The same number of Kings and Queens offer 1x and 0.9x your bet respectively. Six Jacks bring 0.7x followed by 0.6x your stake for six Tens and 0.4 x for six Nines.
- The premium symbols are Blue, Green, and Red gems as well as the famous Diamond. If you hit six Sapphires, your bankroll will be increased by 2x your bet.
- The Green Emerald is worth 2.5x your wager for six of the kind combination whereas Red Heart Ruby will give you 6x your stake.
- Diamond is the best paying character, which awards up to 100x your bet when six of them are collected.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
The game comes with a Cascading Reels feature - when you land a winning combination it causes a chain reaction where you will see the winning symbols being removed and replaced by new ones. Essentially, it gives you the chance to win repeatedly from a single spin.
In terms of main features, the producer has chosen to go down a different route compared to most other Megaways creations, leaving out traditional free spins for a jackpot game instead. In the base game, look out for the Supernova Scatter symbols with cash values attached to them. If six or more of these land in view, the Jackpot Respin feature comes into play with three respins awarded. Once underway, all Supernova Scatter pictograms are held in position while all remaining positions spin. When any new scatters appear, they are held as well, and respins are reset to three. Respins are completed when you either run out of respins or when all visible positions on the reels are filled with scatter symbols.
When the feature has been completed, each Scatter symbol awards the cash value attached to it which can be anything between 1 and 100x, or one of the following jackpot prizes:
- Platinum jackpot awards 2000x your stake.
- Gold jackpot awards 250x your stake.
- Silver jackpot awards 50x your stake.
- Bronze jackpot awards 10x your stake.
Best Casinos to Play the Slot Machine At
If you wish to test this pokie, then head over to Leo Vegas. The brand has been in operation since 2013. It is licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority. The brand offers welcome packages as well as the VIP scheme. You can use Bank Transfer, Neteller, Skrill, and Visa to deposits and withdrawals.
More Games by ReelPlay
- Rogue Treasure has a similar theme to the hit video game Assassin’s Creed. There are plenty of features, including a random feature that causes all symbols on the third reel to turn Wild, as well as a great Bonus Spins Level.
- Bounty Hunt depicts a futuristic bounty hunter, and the main feature is superb: the crosshairs align on the reels and you will receive Wild symbols or bonus spins on every turn, guaranteed.
- Creepy Castle consists of twenty-five different paylines. The Bonus Spins are the main feature of this game, but before they start, you will need to pick from different doors. The monsters you reveal will become Wild throughout the bonus spins feature.
Are you looking for similar pokies? Our extensive database has a great number of them. Here is just a quick pick for you.
- StarDust by Microgaming is a five-reel, forty payline game with a retro arcade theme. There are Stacked symbols in the base game and super stacked symbols in the feature (on the last 2 reels). It’s all about the Bonus Spins feature where 10 gems will reward you with up to thirteen bonus spins. There is also a Radiant Respin feature where you can get a respin with reels 4 and/or 5 respinning to give you the chance to get a 5 symbol winning combination.
- Space Wars by Net Entertainment is a five-reel forty payline slot. Based on five extra-terrestrial species, it uses a unique Cloning Pod Re-Spin feature where winning symbols are shot back onto the reels with a re-spin awarded.
Cosmic Fortune slot by Net Entertainment is a jackpot pokie. It uses the Avalanche feature which gives you the chance to win multiple times from every spin. There's a free spins feature as well as a Free Falls Bonus feature where marbles fall from the spaceship to give you cash prizes or enter the Jackpot Games – this is where you can win 1 of 3 life-changing progressive jackpots.