John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure Slot Machine (Pays Up to 9,000x the Bet) Review
Released in summer of 2019, this is a non-progressive video slot. The wins here may reach up to 9,000x the overall bet, if the reels are spun at the maximum stake. Volatility here is high, and is estimated at 4 out of 5. Return to player percentage reaches 96.5%.
The game’s developer and provider is Pragmatic Play. This studio showed immense growth in the past couple of years, and its portfolio has been expanding dramatically. What is more, the studio recently added live content to its engine. There is definitely a shortcut to such a development speed, and in case of Pragmatic Play this means standard molds for most of its slots, but diverse topics make it worth a while.
Tip: Launch the game’s demo from the studio’s official portfolio, and take a look at what all of its features really do to wins.
The Ancient Mystery
The story takes Pragmatic’s iconic character, John Hunter, to the forests of Amazonia. Here, among wild forests, he discovers an ancient Aztec temple filled with mysteries and sacred reels. The paytable is home to snakes, birds, torches and many other items standard to such a setting. The grid is perfect for everyone who is into jungle adventures, and dynamic music adds greatly to the overall impression and engagement.
The story unfolds on a grid with five reels and six rows, which has up to 7,776 ways to win. Why up to? Because every spin may have a different amount of rows per a reel – from two massive to six smaller icons. A spin may cost you anywhere from 0.20 cents to 100 credits.
- The Wild is the Golden Lion, a symbol of Aztec treasures. It makes an appearance only on the second, third, and fourth reels, acts as a substitute and does not pay on its own.
- John Hunter will pay up to 0.80 cents for his five-of-a-kind combination, if the reels are spun at the lowest bet.
- Black panthers are worth up to 0.50 cents, and to 0.30 is bestowed for snakes.
- Collect maximum sets of toucans or John’s hats to earn yourself up to 0.20 cents.
- Torches are worth up to 0.15 cents.
- Between 0.10 to 0.08 cents is provided for full sets of card icons from Ace to Jack.
Bonuses & Additional Winning Possibilities:
A special ancient bonus wheel may appear anywhere on the grid, and once three or more of it are collected, you unlock a sacred chamber with free spins.
You may expect anywhere between five to twenty-five bonus rotations, and the number is determined randomly. Another random feature in this bonus session is the multiplier that may vary between 2x to 10x on each of the spins. Rotations may be retriggered. A special set of reels is in action during the session.
Best Casinos to Play John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure Slot Machine at:
If you specify Pragmatic Play in our casino search field, you will discover that more than twenty locations offer content from the studio. Here are some of the most popular:
- ComeOn Casino exists since 2010 and has a solid set of licensing. Services are regulated by the jurisdictions of Curacao and Sweden, as well as the Malta Gaming Authority. Not only games, but also Sportsbook and Poker room is available here.
- Slots Million is a big platform with more than 3,000 games from over forty content creators. Among studios are both major and niche suppliers, and there are all sorts of welcome and ongoing promotions added to the list of services.
- Lapalingo has more than three years of experience and complies with the Maltese regulations. Its content and services are adapted to more than five languages, and Pragmatic Play neighbors with games from many other studios.
- Cashmio opened the doors to its virtual lobby in 2016. It is regulated by MGA and the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. The platform belongs to a big network and accepts financial transactions in several currencies.
More Releases by Pragmatic Play
- Lady Godiva is a legend-based release that speaks about the famous female character. The story is complemented with Wild payouts, as well as free spins with random win multipliers.
- Fairytale Fortune is a fantasy-based title with all the standard characters – unicorns, princes and princesses, as well as dragons and books of spells. Collect wins from Wilds, and trigger bonus rotations.
- Romeo and Juliet picks up inspiration from one of the legendary Shakespeare’s stories, and offers an adventure complemented with a variety of bonuses.
If you are into adventures and missions while researching ancient temples and tombs, here are three legendary characters to do its with:
- Rich Wilde and the Book of Dead by Play’n GO is truly an iconic release. Accompany a legendary researcher to Egypt where he solves ancient puzzles. Enjoy free spins and Scattered payouts that multiply the bet up to 300x.
- Lara Croft Temples and Tombs, a co-production of Triple Edge and Microgaming, follows a legendary tomb raider from Britain into her reeled adventures. You will discover lots of bonuses among the possibilities this slot offers.
- Lost Relics by Net Entertainment invites to join a female archaeologist on her quest to solving the Egyptian mysteries. Free spins, cascading reels, increasing multipliers and the pick-me feature are among the winning possibilities of the title.