Kickin Kash Slot Machine: Learn About Features That Can Be Used to Your Advantage
Released in 2015, Kickin Kash is a non-progressive video slot developed by Aspect Gaming. It is a privately held company with headquarters in Shanghai City, China, and offices in Macau. Co-founded in 2007 by the current president, Tony Payne, the outfit creates and provides gaming machines including video slots, electronic tables, card games such as baccarat, and lottery systems for multiple channels. Its server-based systems allow land-based casino operators to manage gaming floors from a central location and download new firmware without needing to physically touch the machines.
The developer's games have been on the casino floors of MGM Grand Macau since 2008 and the Galaxy Macau since the grand opening in 2010. Aspect Gaming focuses on the Asian markets and develops games for each niche and region. Rather than simply trying to make a splash with only highly volatile games, the producer uses a variety of math models and mechanics meant to entertain and please more players.
Kickin Kash is a five-reel slot with three rows and twenty-five fixed paylines; gold rims border those reels and the setting is a traditional wooden dojo where swords and spears line the walls along with various bits of training apparatus. The high-value symbol includes male and female characters, a pair of nunchucks, some crossed swords and a pair of instruction books; 10, J, Q, K and A make up the lower values.
With twenty-five paylines, five reels and three symbol row, this game is quite entertaining. Betting is centered around wagering 40 coins per spin. You can multiply your bet by various amounts starting with 0.01, so the minimum wager is 0.40 per spin. The Return to Player Ratio (RTP) is 94.19%.
- The Golden Dragon surrounding the colorful ball is Wild. It appears only on reels two, three and four. What this means for your gameplay is that you will have more chances to get wins that you would have missed out on otherwise, but it also means that you will not have specific payouts for wild-only combinations. Except for the Chinese character Scatter icon as a wild, the Golden Dragon can substitute for all other symbols to form winning combinations.
- When three of the Chinese character Scatter symbols land anywhere on reels two, three and four, the magic happens - you will be entitled to Bonus Spins! It is the only symbol in the entire slot that pays no matter where it shows up on the game board. Three of a kind pays out 2 times your entire bet, and that jumps up to 10 times your stake for four of a kind. Get five on the reels at once to pick up 25 times your wager payout.
You will find the following images on the reels.
- The top paying symbol in Kickin Kash is Female, who pays 1,000x your coin amount when landing five in a row. You will be awarded 250x and 35x your stake for collecting four and three such icons respectively.
- The Male image brings 750x your bet for five of the kind combination. You will get 150x and 30x your wager for four and three of such symbols correspondingly.
- Five Pair of Nunchucks icons are worth up to 500x your bet for five matching pictograms. Collecting four and three matching pictograms will bring 100x and 25x your bet.
- Collecting five Crossed Swords will let you pocket up to 200x your wager. In order to score 50x and 20x your bet, you need four and three such characters respectively.
- A Pair of Red Instruction Books is worth up to 150x your staked amount for five of the kind combination. You will get 40x and 20x your bet by drawing four or three such images correspondingly.
- Playing card suits are the lowest paying characters. Thus, if five Aces appear on the reels, your bankroll will be increased by 100x. The same number of Queens or Kings images is worth 75x your wager. Also, five of the kind combination of Jacks and Tens will give you 50x. In order to collect 35x, you need to find four Aces, whereas four Kings and Queens will bring 30x. The payout of 20x is yours for four Jack and Ten icons. The lowest payout is between 15x and 5x your bet for three identical pictograms.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
A Bonus Spins round is triggered by landing three of the Chinese character Scatter symbols anywhere on reels two, three and four and for this, you will receive ten bonus spins. Before the spins start you will be asked to pick the Male or Female characters and they will award the following extra feature:
- Female – if she lands on reel one during this round you will receive up to three extra spins.
- Male – if he lands on reel five during this round the multiplier for any wins will increase by 1x (it starts on 2x).
The feature can be retriggered by landing three more scatters during this round.
More Games by Aspect Gaming
- Love Story is a five-reel slot with three rows and 243 ways to win. The Love Story logo is wild, it appears only on reels two, three and four and it will substitute for all others to form winning combinations except for the pink flower scatter icon. A Bonus Spin round is triggered by landing three or more of the pink flower Scatter symbols anywhere on reels one, two and three for which you will receive twelve free spins. During this round, all wins are multiplied by 2x unless there are any Wild symbols involved in which case the win amount will be multiplied by 5x – not too shabby!
- Double Happy is a five-reel slot with three rows and thirty fixed paylines. The heart scatter symbol appears only on reels one, three and five but if you can land three anywhere on those reels then the free spins will be yours. There’s ten awarded initially but landing the scatter symbols for a second time will award an extra five. Landing that Scatters combo any further times will award no spins, but you will benefit from the normal scatter payout of 5x the total stake.
- Fortune Cats is a five-reel slot with four rows and fifty fixed paylines; behind those reels, we can just about make out a hazy blue alleyway strung with wires and lights. The game has a Sixth Reel Bonus as well as Bonus Spins level.
There are also some other Asian slots for true fans. We prepared a small list, which could start you going.
- Thunderfist by Net Entertainment is martial arts theme slot with five reels and 243 ways to win. It benefits from Stacked Wilds. However, it is all about the Bonus Spins feature where you will get up to twenty bonus spins. All bonus spins are subject to a random multiplier up to 5x.
- China Mystery by Konami is the oriental-themed slot. It is easy to compare to others of a similar theme with many of the same special symbols that are truly iconic of Chinese people and their vast and diverse history. However, ensuring that this new slot stands out from the crowd, Konami has paid a bit of extra attention to the bonus round, bringing players something both new and very exciting.
- Warlords Crystals of Power by Net Entertainment is a five reel, thirty payline game. With a medieval theme and based on the last three rulers, this volatile offering benefits from Wild substitutions, Stacked Symbols, random Wild features, Re-spins, and a last chance feature. It’s all about the three Bonus spins features (based on each of the rulers) which offer different modifiers (extra bonus spins, multipliers and Sticky Wilds). It can pay out over 6,666x your stake in the Priestess Bonus Spins feature!