Magic Jester Slot Machine: What is the Magic Reels Feature?
Released in 2017, Magic Jester is non-progressive video slot. The game is developed by Novomatic, a software provider established in Austria in 1980 as a manufacturer and distributor of slot machines for land-based casinos. Today, Novomatic is one of the biggest providers of land-based casino titles with its gaming machines present in over 70 different countries.
In 2011 Novomatic moved to the online arena with a great part of it releases optimized for online and finally for mobile play. Although its gaming content is not very advanced graphically, the company produces huge payouts and offers entertaining and rewarding bonus features.
Overall, the software of Novomatic is innovative and an absolute delight for the eyes. There are numerous slots, table and live games you can take advantage of, some of which are unique and exclusively on the internet.
The game is good quality with decent graphics and magical sounds. Everything from the reels to the symbols are quintessentially medieval centering the jester, who is the game’s Wild. The background is magical-looking, and the reels are colored in royal purple.
The icons range from lower value playing card symbols to classical fruit machine symbols. The playing card symbols are your standard King, Queen, Jack, Aces, and Tens, topped with those eccentric little hats typically worn by court jokers. Everyone’s favorite sevens, bells (although old and broken in line with the theme), cherries and watermelons are present on the reels.
Overall, it is safe to say the game features decent graphics in dark colors with sparkling details and fluid animations. The accompanying music fits the theme too providing you with a pleasant gaming experience while sound effects which follow bonus features add more excitement to the gameplay.
Magic Jester is a five by three ten payline high variance slot. One of the game’s most exclusive and very responsible gambling features is the “reality check interval” which pops up right at the start of the game. You must decide how long to play the game, so it will interrupt you and declare your stats when your time is up. The timer is displayed by the reels. You can even set your loss limit when playing on auto spin mode.
You are free to adjust how many paylines to play on. The minimum bet is 0.2 credits which is not very low and might not be the best for those of you on a smaller bankroll. The maximum bet is 1,000 credits which is perfectly suitable for high rollers and veterans alike. To hit a win, you need at least three identical symbols landed consecutively on an active payline. RTP (Return to Player Ratio) is at a high of 95.07%.
Instead of spinning the reels manually, you can opt for up to 100 automatic spins. In order to activate this option, hold the spin button until it goes blue. Besides the number of rounds, you can also set the loss and win limits and when all values are selected, press OK.
- Wild (the Jester) is not paid on its own, but replaces any other symbols in paid combinations, when necessary.
Aesthetically, it is typically Novomatic with purple dominated reels. You will see the following icons.
- Red 7 and Bell are the highest paying icons, which awards up to 400 coins for the five matching characters. You can also receive 200 and 100 coins for landing four or three of such icons on the screen.
- Cherry and Watermelon are worth up to 300 coins for five icons. A quartet of identical pictograms will bring you 150 whereas a trio — only 75 coins
- Novomatic designed playing card suits as the lowest paying symbols in Magic Jester. Thus, five Aces and Kings will bring you up to 200 coins, while five Queens, Jacks, and Tens - 100 coins. Your bankroll will be increased by 100 coins for four Aces or Kings, whereas the same number of Queens, Jacks, and Tens will give you 50 coins. Lastly, by landing three Aces or Kings you score 50 coins, and a trio of Queens, Jacks, and Tens will reward you 25 coins.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
The game also provides you with a Gamble feature when hitting a winning combination like three or four of a kind, wherein you must attempt to figure out the color, either red or black, of the upcoming playing card.
As for the features, there are no bonus spins to speak of which is unfortunate – however, there is a Magic Reels feature which applies on each spin. One or more reels will become a magic reel, in turn creating split symbols, doubling or tripling your high value icons; the Wild and ‘fruity’ symbols. Essentially, all reels could become magic, hence giving you the opportunity to win up to fifteen times your bet. The 7 and Bell are the most rewarding symbols as 15 of them will give you 800x your stake or 8,000 coins! If you get 15 Watermelons or Cherries, you will receive 600x your stake or 6,000 coins.
Best Casinos to Play Magic Jester Slot Machine At
Are you ready to test all the features? Then, head over to two recommended gambling locations we prepared for you below.
- Star Games was established in 2008 and licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority. The site is translated into many languages and it mainly works with Euro and the British Pound. Here are the banking methods StarGames accepts: Bank Wire, Carte Bleue, Click and Buy, Maestro, MasterCard, Neteller, and PaySafeCard.
- Slots Million was created in 2014. It holds licensing from the UK Gambling Commission and the MGA. Upon registration, you will be offered a generous welcome bonus which will help you stretch out your initial deposit to get more play from your investment.
More Games by Novomatic
- Book of Ra features five reels and just ten paylines and the narrative is one of Egyptian adventure and archaeological discovery. Hieroglyphics adorn the columns which frame the screen and above the reels, you can see the sun setting behind the pyramids. The spinning Book of Ra itself is both the wild and the scatter symbol and it will trigger the bonus feature.
- Elemental Dragons lets you travel to the Far East for an encounter with mystical dragons. This unexpectedly feature-rich game from this developer comes with random features, Power Reels, four different extra wilds and a Dragon Bonus Spins round with Sticky Wilds that can lead to wins of up to 4,000x your stake.
- Mighty Trident has five reels and twenty paylines. Based on the god of the sea (Poseidon), the Greek mythology-themed offering is playable across all devices and benefits from five bonus features – four of them are triggered randomly in the base game.
If you are looking for similar releases, you might want to look at our list below.
- Wild Reels by GIG Games - as the name suggests, you will see entire reels filled with Wild symbols. There are also extra Wilds added to the mix in a Bonus feature. In each spin, the game awards you with at least one reel fully stacked with the gold disc Wild symbol.
- BarStar by Core Gaming combines jackpots, five-reel play, and the standard slot setup to re-create some of that classic nostalgia gaming. On top of the two main paying symbols, you have the gold bar, which launches the pot wins. The reels certainly are not crowded this time around. There is also a non-paying symbol on the reels, which is a rather unusual feature.
- Side Winder by Just For The Win has 243 to 1125 ways to win, horizontal reels and a Bonus Spins feature. It provides plenty of excitement. Up to three Wild symbols can also land on the reels: the regular Wild, which lands only on the horizontal reels, the top Wild, which appears on the second reel, and the bottom Wild, which lands only on the fourth reel.