Medusa Money Slot Review: What Is It Capable Of?
Introduced to the online gaming community on February 6th, 2019 this is a non-progressive video slot. Its return to player percentage is 96.5%. The game is browser-based and compatible with all types of devices.
Its developer is RubyPlay – a Ukraine-based studio with more than two decades of experience. It is not as popular as some of the other prominent participants of the industry, but it sure has a great reputation, as well as a big portfolio of quality classic and video slots.
The slot’s provider is Pariplay – a company with which RubyPlay signed a lucrative contract for at least fifteen releases. Looks like we will be hearing more about this manufacturer in the nearest future, and this is great news!
Tip: New to the name RubyPlay? Head to the studio’s official portfolio to test its slots for free and to see the full selection of its content.
Defeat the Reeled Monster
Looks can indeed be deceiving! The team of creators depicted the leading character of this slot as a seductive and charismatic female, but those who know the Greek mythology are aware of what Medusa is and why she must be avoided at all cost. This monster disguised as a lady, grows snakes instead of her hair, and when she stares into her victim’s eyes, she mesmerizes and hypnotizes the individual.
While this meant death for all of her encounters in mythology, creators from RubyPlay actually turned it into a benefit during reel spinning. Also, they added a set of other star personages to the paytable, so get ready to meet Hercules – a legendary hero that defeated Medusa. There is also Pegasus, as well as winged boots, helmet, and card icons from Ace to nine.
This slot is quite modest in terms of visuals, and only uses 2D rendering, but graphics are detailed, and colors are vivid. Plus, animation and sound effects are applied.
The layout is somewhat unusual. While most studios deliver 5x3 grids, here there are six reels and four rows with fifty win lines fixed across. A spin can cost you anywhere between 0.20 cents to ten credits, which makes this a perfect release for the low rollers. Automatic and turbo rotations are possible.
- Scattered combinations are worth up to 200x the total stake if you manage to land a maximum set of golden Medusa medallions.
- Medusa itself is a Wild character that appears on all but the first reel. She acts as a substitute and may come in stacks.
These are potential payouts for a minimum stake.
- A six-of-a-kind combination of Hercules slays the win line to get you up to 1.60x.
- Up to 0.50x is delivered by Hercules’ loyal companion, the winged horse Pegasus.
- Expect nothing less than 0.30x for six-of-a-kind sets of snakes, boots, or helmets.
- Between 0.20x to 0.16x is paid for royals from Ace to nine.
Bonuses & Additional Winning Possibilities:
For starters, any time Stacked Medusa icons land on non-adjacent reels, all symbols in between turn into Wild ones. The team of creators called this innovative feature the Wild Gaze. Its mechanics may lead to a whole grid packed with Wilds!
Also, combinations of three or more Scatters may unlock anywhere between eight to thirty-eight free spins, with even more rotations retriggered within the round. During this session, a pouring rain of Wilds is advertised.
Best Casinos to Play Medusa Money Slot Machine At:
This slot is available in a number of great websites across our database. Tap on the links to see full reviews of these four recommended locations:
- 1xSlots exists since 2017. This is a Curacao-regulated place to bet and win with an impressive library of over 1,500 releases. Among its developers are studios like Net Entertainment, Quickspin, Next Generation Gaming, and many others.
- Kroon was established in 2009. It is licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority, and has not only games, but also a big Sportsbook section with in-play and pre-match bets on major and niche sports.
- Oranje has more than a decade of experience and an MGA permit. There are welcome and ongoing promotions for its clientele, as well as fast withdrawals and low non-payment risks.
- 1xBet was launched back in 2011. The jurisdiction of Curacao is its regulating authority, and all content, of which there is plenty, is browser-based. Deposits and withdrawals are accepted in regular and crypto-cash.
More Releases by RubyPlay
- Madame Luck is a release inspired by the circus genre. It contains wins in bonus rotations, as well as Wild payouts and a set of other benefits.
- Dragon Prophecy is a fantasy slot with a powerful leading character. This lady delivers victories in free spins, and uses its secret bonus powers to get you even more cash in extra rounds.
Many other exciting releases inspired by the myths and legends of the Ancient Greek culture are available in our database. Here are just a few to get you started:
- Divine Fortune by Net Entertainment is a progressive video slot where not only Medusa, but also several other prominent monsters star. Expect Stacked Wilds and free spins, too.
- Hercules High and Mighty by Barcrest uses a unique reel configuration with some rare reel spinning mechanics. Expect such features as Expanding Wilds and a set of bonus rotations.
Hercules Son of Zeus by Pragmatic Play invites you to follow the legendary character into a set of free spins. here, all wins are doubled.