Crystal Odessey Slot Machine (with Stacked Wild Wins) Reviewed
Released in 2017, Crystal Odyssey is a video slot powered by Novomatic. Though many European players are familiar with the Novomatic name, having played its innovative slots games, few are aware of the massive scope of the Novomatic Group of Companies. Founded in 1980, it is the largest conglomerate of gaming companies in the world, comprising over 30 distinct entities surpassing even Dragonfish/888, Playtech and the always consuming GTECH G2 amalgamations.
Novomatic gaming products serve over seventy countries in one form or another from RNG game development to skill games and platform solutions. Internationally, Novomatic Holding, its Swiss sister company Admiral Casinos & Entertainment (ACE) and its majority shareholder Prof. Johann F. Graf are engaged in over 1,200 casinos, electronic casinos, and sports betting outlets. Online players would be most familiar with Greentube Internet Entertainment Solutions GmbH, who deliver the Novomatic games to casinos.
Behind the reels, you will find nothing but a deep galaxy full of stars that are billions of light years away – thankfully, the wins are not that far away, they are just hiding beneath the symbols on the reels.
The 3D symbols on the reels glisten as they spin into place, these are; diamonds, citrine, ruby, amber, emerald, amethyst, sapphire, wild growing crystals, and the Crystal Odyssey logo. Your gaming screen is uncluttered and allows you to keep track of your bankroll and current bets via the lower portion of the screen. To be fair, though, Crystal Odyssey will also appeal to a much wider audience than just a child or a fan of the '70s. It is a classic Novomatic game with very simple graphics and gameplay, very few innovations or additional features, but a bonus round that has the potential to launch your bankroll into outer space.
The only unusual element to Crystal Odyssey is its payline structure. Ten paylines comprising five from the left and five from the right of the reels, but you can make a winning combo from both ends. So, you can score three of a kind from reels one to three or from reels two to six. However, only three paylines offer you the chance of a four of a kind combo, which makes those desirable diamonds even more elusive.
Placing your bets can be done for as little as 40 coins, but if you are here for the big cash, you can stake as much as 10,000 coins to win the most from the slot machine. Now, in terms of cash value, those 40- and 10,000-coin values are equivalent to 0.40 and 100.00 – so it won’t cost you a ton of cash to play. The Return to Player Ratio (RTP) is 96%.
- The Colorful Crystal is your Wild symbol; It will make an appearance on the fourth reel only and can be locked in place too. All symbols on the reels can be replaced with the Wild Crystal to help form winning paylines and thus increasing your bankroll.
- Scatters are represented by the game’s Logo. If you land three or more Scatters, you will trigger Bonus Spins Round.
As you can imagine from the name of this slot, this is a game with a jewel-theme. There are seven of them among the symbols. So be ready to see:
- The White Diamond which is the best paying symbol in Crystal Odyssey. Four of those (not three or five) on a payline will pay you 500 times your total stake or 20,000 coins. You will get 1,000 coins or 25x your wager for three of such icons.
- Amber will award you the maximum of 1,600 coins or 40x for four identical pictograms, while a trio - only 400 credits or 10x.
- If four Sapphire images appear on the reels, your bankroll will be increased by 800 coins or 20x your stake. In order to collect 200 coins or 5x, you need to find three identical icons.
- Four Ruby and Citrine images offer up to 320 coins or 8x. Finding three such characters will let you pocket 80 coins or 2x your bet.
- The two remaining symbols Amethyst and Emeralds are worth up to 160 coins or 4x for four matching images. If you manage to land three identical symbols, you will get 40 credits.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
As per usual, the Wild replaces everything icon but the Scatter. It can land fully stacked to turn the whole reel Wild. If you land the Wild and it does not lead to a payout, it will be held, and you will be awarded a Re-spin and a second chance of landing a winner.
Crystal Odyssey comes with a Bonus Games feature – to trigger it, you will need to land three or four of the Crystal Odyssey Logo anywhere on the reels on the same spin. You will then receive ten or twenty bonus spins respectively. The Stacked Crystal Wild is locked in position throughout the feature round. It can substitute for the Scatter during the Bonus Spins too, making it a little easier to re-trigger the bonus and grab an extra ten or twenty bonus spins. You can initiate the spins several times with a maximum of 300 bonus spins up for grabs.
Best Casinos to Play Crystal Odyssey Slot Machine At
Are you ready to try the Bonus Game? Then head over to two recommended gambling locations we prepared for you below.
- Star Games was established in 2008 and licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority. The site is translated into many languages and it mainly works with Euros and the British Pound. Here are the banking methods StarGames accepts: Bank Wire, Carte Bleue, Click and Buy, Maestro, MasterCard, Neteller, and PaySafeCard.
- Slots Million was created in 2014. It holds licensing from the UK Gambling Commission and the MGA. Upon registration, you will be offered a generous welcome bonus which will help you stretch out your initial deposit to get more play from your investment.
More Games by Novomatic
- Book of Ra features five reels and just ten paylines and the narrative is one of Egyptian adventure and archaeological discovery. Hieroglyphics adorn the columns which frame the screen and above the reels, you can see the sun setting behind the pyramids. The spinning Book of Ra itself is both the wild and the scatter symbol and it will trigger the bonus feature.
- Elemental Dragons lets you travel to the Far East for an encounter with mystical dragons. This unexpectedly feature-rich game from this developer comes with random features, Power Reels, four different extra wilds and a Dragon Bonus Spins round with Sticky Wilds that can lead to wins of up to 4,000 times your stake.
- Mighty Trident has five reels and twenty paylines. Based on the god of the sea (Poseidon), the Greek mythology-themed offering is playable across all devices and benefits from 5 bonus features – 4 of them are triggered randomly in the base game. You have the Bonus Spins feature where there are ten free spins up for grabs as well as super stacked symbols (of the 5 highest value symbols) for even bigger wins
If you want to see various gemstone on the reels, then try one of the similar spinning releases developed by famous manufacturers.
- Crazy Gems by Booongo is based in a cavern filled with purple luminous rocks that run along the sides of the screen. The game plays out from left to right and right to left. On top of both pay both ways functionality; there is a feature in the game called the Star Gem. This gem, when it lands on reels two, three, or four, will grant you a re-spin, along with double symbols. Powerful and potent, Crazy Gems is a game that certainly has something to it on the bonus features front.
- Crystal Clear by Realistic is a nicely designed, gemstone-themed slot. Featuring a simple five reel, ten payline game engine, it comes with a Re-spin extra where new Wilds are added to the reels. Manage to fill all five reels with Wilds and you will pocket the jackpot prize of some 10,000 coins or 1,000 times your stake!
- Crystal Forest by Williams Interactive is set in a magical forest alive with creatures whose sole purpose is to make you rich. This is a five-reel, twenty-five payline slot that offers up to fifty bonus spins with possible re-triggers during the bonus round. You also have the chance of winning 3,750 coins per line. Bonus Spins, Cascading reels and a very easy to use and understand interface makes this a highly sought-after game.