It’s a more than simple game in terms of story and graphics. Mega Moolah slot was developed and provided in November 2006 by Microgaming, a company that has hundreds of successful games in its portfolio. By 2008, when the first Progressive Mega Moolah Jackpot was won, this slot became more than a company hit. It is now acknowledged as the worlds most popular Progressive Jackpot machine.
The fever of playing it quickly spread to dozens of countries, including the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Germany. In June 2014, a player using the Mega Moolah mobile version scored the jackpot of $3.9 million. In October 2015, a soldier named Jon Heywood wrote his name into the history of Mega Moolah winners by hitting the game’s maximum and taking home $20,066,800! With this victory, he also got into the Guinness Book of World records as a person that won the biggest payout ever in an online slot machine.
Mega Moolah Slot Game Theme
With this machine, Microgaming proposed their way of seeing the African safari. This is an animal slot with cartoon heroes. Leading the diverse company is the Wild Symbol, the undoubted king of the food chain, the Lion. His right hand and the generous Scatter Symbol is represented by the Wise Monkey. Other symbols include an Elephant, Giraffe, Buffalo, Zebra and Antelope. Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten cards look a bit odd among such characters, but they are paid, which after all is more important than completely blending in.
All Mega Moolah slot game animals are animated and come to life when the winning combinations starring them are formed. The colors used for both the background and the heroes are bright and joyful, and remind one of a Disney movie. Light African music effects accompany the game at all times.
Tips to Play Mega Moolah Slot Machine
Mega Moolah rules will be simple even to newbies. Below are a few important tips:
- The game has a 5x3 reel configuration and 25 pay lines. The maximum bet for the spin can reach 125 coins.
- How much to bet and how to play is all up to you. It is officially stated in the slot’s pay table that the higher the stake the more chances you get to unlock the Jackpot Bonus round. However, the Mega Moolah jackpot winner and the holder of the Guinness World Record title, Jon Heywood, was not a high roller. He decided not to bet the maximum and still won, so the optimal strategy here is up to you.
- The Wild Lion Symbol is worth 15,000 coins if landed five of a kind, or doubles any winning combination where it substitutes for other symbols.
- The Scatter Monkey Symbol is also paid, and its value is 100 coins for five on a winning pay line.
- Among the highest paid Symbols is also the Elephant, which is worth 750 coins for the maximum combination. At the bottom of the pay table is the 10 Card that will get you only 40 coins for five of a kind.
- The base game is programmed in such a way that even if you don’t get the chance to enter the Bonus Round, there is still a possibility to win up to 75,000 coins.
Mega Moolah Game’s Special Features
Apart from a maximum win of 75,000 coins in the base game, there is also an opportunity to win 225,000 coins during the free spins round:
- Mega Moolah Free Spins are unlocked by landing three or more Scatter Symbols.
- There is a fixed number of 15 free spins, but the feature can be retriggered within the round.
- All wins during free spins are tripled.
- All Scatter Symbol wins will be multiplied by your total bet and added to the wins.
Mega Moolah Jackpot Wheel
This slot’s Jackpot, as previously mentioned, is progressive. This means that every person playing the slot throughout the world is contributing to a certain sum of money. Day by day the funds accumulate until one lucky person hits the desired score.
The most desired feature of this game is unpredictable. The next person to gain access to the Bonus Game is determined by a random number generator. It happens suddenly, and an invitation to play the Mega Moolah Progressive Jackpot simply pops up on the screen.
Whenever it happens, the screen changes, and instead of reels a famous Jackpot Wheel appears. It has sections in four different colors, just as there are four different Jackpot levels:
- Mega Jackpot guarantees a win no less than a $1,000,000.
- Major Jackpot grants payout starting at $10,000.
- Minor Jackpot is worth $100 and more.
- Mini Jackpot will bring you $10 or higher.
The rules here are simple. Just click the START button, wait for the Jackpot Wheel to begin spinning and then stop it at whatever moment you decide is the right one. Needless to say, there is only one section for the Mega Jackpot; it’s white and has a black animal paw on it.
Best Casinos and Bonuses to Play the Slot
Try your Mega Moolah’s luck in free spins or play for fun with no deposit. You may also want to go for the legendary Progressive Jackpot in any online casino connected to that accumulated sum of money. Among these casinos are:
- Betway Casino
- Golden Tiger Casino
- Zodiac Casino
- Vera&John casino
- BetVictor Casino
The list also includes more than 100 others, including mobile casinos to play Mega Moolah.
Mega Moolah is a popular Progressive slot. Looking back at its Jackpot history, it is evident that anyone can become the next hero. But even without the Bonus Game, there is a chance to win big at both the base game and up to 225,000 coins during Free Spins, which is a good enough reason to give it a shot.